Sunday Mass Info: June 6-7
Holy Trinity Sunday (June 6-7)
St. John's is back open for our regular Weekend Mass Schedule (see below) at 50% capacity. We hope you can join us! We will still live stream the 10:30am Mass (info is linked below).
Weekend Mass Schedule
Saturday Vigil Mass at 6:30pm
Sunday at 8am, 10:30am and 7pm
*10:30am Mass is live streamed here
**Please note the change of time from our regular 10am Mass to 10:30am to allow additional time to clean between the 8am and 10:30am Mass
Please note that Archbishop Thompson has granted a dispensation from Mass until August 15, 2020. Thus, if you are vulnerable and don’t feel comfortable attending Mass, you may livestream with us at the 10:30 am Mass Sunday at either of the following links:
You can locate the livestream at:
You can locate the livestream at:
Procedures for Mass:
- Please bring and wear a mask (Mayors condition for us to open.) We will have some masks for those who don’t have one. The Priest, Deacon, Server (Optional) and Lector (while lecturing) are asked to not wear a mask for the sake of their voice not being muffled.)
- Social Distance when in the parking lot/garage, entering the Church (All doors will be open), while passing through the narthex (please do not gather), and in the Sanctuary of the Church itself (Mayors condition for us to open.) After Mass, please do not gather in the Church, narthex, on the sidewalk or parking lot/garage. If you choose to gather with a group of friends, please arrange for that to occur before or after Mass at another location. Thank you!
- We will provide directions via volunteers once you are in the Church for seating. Every other pew is roped off and we will seat people as they arrive starting in the front of Church and moving towards the back. Please note that you may choose a side, but the ushers will choose the pew for you so that we can best fill in the space available while social distancing. If we reach capacity (which we believe to be approximately 250 people), we will invite those that don’t have a seat to return to another later Mass this weekend or to a daily Mass. Arriving early is recommended!
- The Church pews, doors, etc are being disinfected between each Mass so we are taking every precaution to keep everyone safe.
- You will receive a worship aid when you arrive. We ask that you take that with you when you leave. Inside the back cover of the worship aid, on the closing song page, you will find a stick it note. Please place that on the pew where you sat so we can be sure to wipe down that area well after you leave.
- Restrooms will be available to you as well as baby changing stations, on a self-cleaning basis. Again, we are wiping down all surfaces between Masses. The restrooms will be self-serve cleaning. If you use the restroom or baby changing station before, during or after Mass, we ask that you first wipe down the areas you will touch with the disinfectant spray and wipes provided before and after your use. Again, after all masses, we will do a thorough cleaning of all restroom surfaces.
- During the Our Father, we ask that you not hold hands with anyone outside of your household (Archbishop’s request.)
- During the Sign of Peace, simply do a slight bow, nod or smile and say “Peace be with you” to acknowledge/give peace to others around you who are not of your household (Archbishop’s Guidance.)
- During Holy Communion, an usher will release you from your pew. Please social distance in the middle aisle and come forward to receive the Eucharist in a single line in the middle of the center aisle. If you are in a side pew on the far north or south transept/side of the church, please pass through the middle pew to the center aisle and come forward for Communion. If you choose not to receive Communion and others need to pass by you to get to the center aisle, please stand and step into the center aisle, taking a step back for social distancing and allow others to Pass before returning back into the pew. Deacon Dave and I will distribute the Body of Christ only (No Precious Blood reception until further notice.) It is preferred that you would receive in the hand, but will not be denied receiving on the tongue (Archbishop’s Guidance.)
- There will be no procession before or after Mass of the Priest, Deacon and server. Unfortunately, we will not be able to greet you after Mass in the narthex (per Archbishop’s request to keep his priests and deacons healthy.)
- If you are sick or have any symptoms of the Coronavirus, please stay home. Thank you!
- Please plan to park in the Mall Garage located on Illinois Street as this garage is currently free to park in and has gates lifted.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org