What to Expect in The Geode Project
- The group will meet once monthly in person for a time of fellowship, the introduction of a new topic related to sexual abuse and identity, and then end with a time of reflection and prayer.
- At each meeting, we will focus on a different topic that will challenge us to uncover another layer of our identity. Each meeting will present a new way to find healing and growth such as healing exercises, art, movement, reading, and discussion. We will inform members of the topic and activities prior to the group so that you can know what to expect when you come. You will not be asked to do or share more than you are comfortable with. We seek to introduce new avenues of healing, not force anyone to participate or heal.
- When you become a part The Geode Project, you can expect to be surrounded by a community of individuals who have experienced a wide variety of traumatic sexual experiences and are in different places along their healing journey. You can expect to be surrounded by a safe, nonjudgmental environment of people who will respect and honor your individual healing journey while supporting you in reaching new levels of healing.
- Identifying yourself with terms such as victim or survivor is a deeply personal choice. In order to participate in this group, you do not have to identify with those terms. We only ask that you be willing to identify that your life has been impacted by sexual abuse. You will not be asked to share your story or disclose details of the abuse. Rather, this group seeks to build community and foster discussion around the shared effects and the healing process of sexual abuse of any kind.
- In order to uphold the confidentiality of The Geode Project, each member will be asked to have a 1:1 meeting with a group leader prior to joining. Each individual will be required to sign a covenant that they will be asked to uphold even after their time with the group is complete. This covenant agreement will cover topics such as confidentiality and safety.
- Please note: The Geode Project is not group therapy and will not function as a counseling session. We encourage each member to seek additional healing outside of the group. Please visit the resources tab for more information on local resources, books, videos, etc.
- We want to ensure that this is a positive and therapeutic experience for each group member. We recognize that each person has a unique healing journey and we want to ensure that your needs are being met. As such, during our 1:1 meeting, we will discuss if this group or other resources are the best fit for you and your needs at this time.
To get involved with St. John's Geode Project, please fill out this form or contact us at: email@example.com